Caltech is a responsible steward of water resources by focusing on efficiency, cultivating a climate adapted landscape, minimizing potable water irrigation and maximizing use of reclaimed water.
Strategies in Progress:
- Transition to drought tolerant and climate adapted vegetation
- Increase building sub-metering and integrate with building management system
- Integrate remaining vegetated space to weather informed irrigation system
- Install pint flush urinals, high efficiency toilets, and low flow fixtures
- Investigate non-potable water reuse on campus
- Employ active storm water retention/collection methods
- Establish sustainability council water working group
To learn more about our water management efforts, click here.